Click each topic for more information:
To successfully defend against allegations of white-collar crimes, we examine vast amounts of all the evidence and navigate a labyrinth of domestic and international laws. At Kaplan Marino, our attorneys have the experience, polished legal acumen and proven defense strategies to successfully defend against complicated white-collar and business-related offenses in state and federal courts. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Fraud based offenses
- Public corruption
- Money laundering
- International extradition
- Theft and embezzlement
Defending White-Collar Clients
In addition to white-collar crimes, we defend white-collar clients for any type of criminal allegation. We understand the needs and expectations of white-collar clients and we provide the same strategies and discretion no matter the allegation.
At Kaplan Marino, we appear almost daily in state court, where strong relationships and a reputation for tenacity and integrity lead to the fair treatment of our clients.
- Assault & battery
- Domestic violence
- Vehicular offenses
- Building code violations
- Alternative to sentencing, including mental health diversion
- All 54 felony counts dismissed against business owner accused of conspiring to deprive product supplier of millions of dollars.
- Extradition matter dismissed against publisher and United States citizen accused of fraud in a foreign nation and subject to extradition to that foreign nation for execution of sentence.
- Probation granted to car dealership owner charged with 27 felony counts in insurance fraud and money laundering scheme involving millions of dollars.
- Department of Justice declined prosecution of decorated navy officer suspected of participating in a large-scale fraud on the military.
- Federal diversion granted to high profile business owner under investigation for public corruption for attempting to bribe an IRS agent.
- Department of Justice declined prosecution of INS agent under investigation for public corruption for taking bribes to naturalized citizens.
- Probation granted for telemedicine employee indicted in flagship national healthcare fraud case.
- Acquittal of Los Angeles Sheriff’s Deputy in jury trial with charges of public corruption.
- Probation granted to businessman indicted in health care fraud matter and again granted for same client indicted in Department of Defense fraud ten years later.
- Charges dismissed against recycler individually after jury trial wherein company was convicted. (Nina Marino did not handle the trial)
- Probation granted to mother and business owner charged in tax fraud and identity theft conspiracy.
- Probation granted to paralegal charged with credit card and bank fraud.
- Top secret security status granted to high level employee under investigation for corruption.
- Probation granted to businessman in cybercrime case involving theft of trade secrets.