Richard Kaplan Featured in AP Report Legal Expert Predicts Weinstein Trial Will be a "Zoo"
August 2018, Nina Marino, Jennifer Lieser and Casey Clark pen article titled "Defending Against International Extradition from the United States," published in the August 2018 edition of NACDL.
September 2018, Nina Marino, Jennifer Lieser and Casey Clark pen article titled "The Dark Side of Bitcoin," published in the September 2018 edition of Los Angeles Lawyer.
April 19, 2018, Nina Marino named as among the Most Influential Women Attorneys by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Beverly Hills Weekly
- 94.7 The Wave Coverage
- Orange County Register
- Beverly Hills Patch
- Los Angeles Patch
- Brentwood Patch
- Westside Today
- Nina Marino Named Among Women of Influence by L.A. Biz Journals
- Nina Marino and Richard Kaplan Nominated as Leaders in Law by Los Angeles Business Journal
- Nina Marino of Kaplan Marino Named a Best Lawyers in America
- Nina Marino quoted in ABA Journal
- Richard Kaplan recognized, Beverly Hills Bar Association Honors California Supreme Court Justices
- Richard Kaplan quoted in USA Today
- Kaplan Marino Selected Top 20 Boutique Law Firm in California
- Nina Marino quoted in LAW 360
- Nina Marino named one of California's top women lawyers for 2016
- Nina Marino speaks on women in white collar
- Kaplan Marino co-host of "Celebrating 30 Years" at the National Institute on White Collar Crime
- Women Lawyers of Los Angeles interview of Nina Marino
- Women Criminal Defense Attorneys: Nina Marino on Cover of Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine
- Nina Marino Named Among the Most Influential Lawyers in White Collar & Cyber Crimes Law
- July 2015, Nina Marino quoted in LADJ on Bitcoin
- April 2015, Nina Marino quoted in Bloomberg Business
- Allen Weinberg highlighted in the Daily Journal 2015
- Nina Marino featured on cover of Los Angeles Lawyer magazine
- Women Criminal Defense Attorneys: Interview With Nina Marino
Nina Marino will be presenting at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers' 10th Annual West Coast White Collar Crime Conference held at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows in Santa Monica, California, on June 17-19, 2020. She will be presenting “Unique Issues in Representing Individuals” on Friday, June 19, 2020, at 10:30am.
The full conference schedule is available at https://www.nacdl.org/wcwc.
Richard Kaplan was quoted in the article" Harvey Weinstein trial week one: Finding an impartial jury like a ‘high-stakes game of chess’" from Screen Daily.
Nina Marino will be moderating the Women Lawyers Association of LA's 2020 Vision: L.A.’s Top Women Judges Preview the Litigation Landscape and Discuss the Characteristics of Power Litigators for the New Decade
The evening of March 4, 2020 in downtown Los Angeles
Hon. Jacqueline Nguyen of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Hon. Virginia A. Phillips of the Central District of California
Hon. Alicia G. Rosenberg of the Central District of California
Hon. Anne Egerton of the Second Appellate District
Hon. Rupa Goswami of the Los Angeles Superior Court
Kaplan Marino Partner Richard Kaplan is quoted in The New York Times regarding the Harvey Weinstein criminal trial.
Kaplan Marino Founding Partner Nina Marino quoted in Chris Villani’s story, “Insys Verdict Flip Is A Check On Aggressive Feds,” published November 27th in Law360.
White Collar Criminal Defense Partner Nina Marino will be speaking on International Extradition at the 34th National Institute on White Collar Crime on March 11, 2020 in San Diego, CA.
Listen to Nina Marino on the Criminal Justice Section of the American Bar Association Podcast, JustPod, in the episode called "Trial Tips: Drafting a Motion"
We begin a short series of Trial Tips with Nina Marino, who leads us through best tips and practices when drafting a motion. We discuss everything from headings to citations.
Listen to Podcast
Nina Marino Named among National Law Journal's list of Elite Boutique Trailbalzers
The publication compiles the list to spotlight a handful of individuals “that are truly agents of change,” and features for each of the honorees, examples of their “pioneer spirit, trails blazed” and “future explorations. Read more
Kaplan Marino Named to 2020 Best Law Firms by U.S. News
Kaplan Marino was included in the U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2020 edition for the practice area of criminal defense. According to U.S. News - Best Lawyers, receiving a tier designation indicates the high level of respect a firm has earned among other leading lawyers and clients in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity.Press Release
Nina Marino Named Among Women of Influence by L.A. Biz Journals
The annual list recognizes women who have made an impact both professionally and in the Los Angeles philanthropic community. Honorees are noted for mentoring, working with nonprofit organizations and pursuing charitable endeavors.See Press Release
Nina Marino and Richard Kaplan Nominated as Leaders in Law by Los Angeles Business Journal
Recognized for their exceptional legal skills and accomplishments within the Los Angeles business community, Richard Kaplan and Nina Marino, co-managing partners of Kaplan Marino, have individually been selected as nominees for the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Leaders in Law Awards for the second year in a row. See Press Release
Nina Marino of Kaplan Marino Named a Best Lawyers in America
Nina Marino, founding and managing partner, has been selected for inclusion in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for her work in the area of White Collar Criminal Defense. This is the second consecutive year Ms. Marino has been selected. See Press Release
Nina Marino Presents Untangling the Web: Protecting Your Business Against Cyber Threats, Understanding Cryptocurrency and More
Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019
The Beverly Hilton
Nina Marino and Richard Kaplan recognized as Leaders in the Law by the Los Angeles Business Journal
Richard Kaplan honored for achievements as past Beverly Hills Bar Association president.
Nina Marino, Jennifer Lieser and CAsey Clark pen article titled "The Dark Side of Bitcoin" published in the September 2018 edition of Los Angeles Lawyer.
Jennifer Lieser - SuperLawyer 2018
We are excited to announce that Jennifer Lieser has been selected as Rising Star by Super Lawyers for 2018. We are very proud of her success and are honored to have her as part of our team.
Nina Marino recognized by the Daily Journa'ls Top Women Lawyers for 2018
Richard Kaplan is recognized by the California Legislature Assembly
Richard Kaplan is recognized by the California Legislature Assembly for his work with the Beverly Hills Bar Association's Roxbury Park Pro Bono Legal Clinic and his outstanding commitment to ensuring access to legal services for the under-served members of the community for the past 25 years.
Nina Marino Serves on Panel
On April 27th, Nina Marino was invited to serve as a panelist with other female leaders in the white-collar defense sector where Nina shared her expertise on business development, mentorship and leadership in the workplace. The panel was sponsored by Women's White Collar Defense Association, Kirkland & Ellis and Berkeley Research Group.
Nina Marino delivers commencement speech to C5LA 2018 graduating class.
C5LA is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides mentorship and leadership training to high achieving low income inner city LA youth. This year, 100% of C5LA's graduates applied to and were accepted to college! Learn more here www.C5LA.org.
Click here for Nina's Speech.
Nina Marino named as among the Most Influential Women Attorneys by the Los Angeles Business Journal
Nina Marino discusses compounding pharmacy fraud defenses at the 2018 ABA Midyear Meeting.
Nina Marino Quoted in Daily Journal
The Daily Journal - Lawyers discuss the challenges of sexual assault prosecutions.
Richard Kaplan Sworn in as New Beverly Hills Bar Association President
Nina Marino receives the Charles English Award at the ABA Criminal Justice Awards Luncheon
Nina Marino Honored by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein at the ABA Criminal Justice Section Awards Luncheon Read More...
- FBA-LA Holds United States Supreme Court Review with Dean Erwin Chemerinskyand 35th Annual Judge Barry Russell Federal Practice Award Presentation (pages 3 and 16)
- The Trump Administration's Shifting Priorities
- Purging Racial Prejudice from the Administration of Justice
- Piling On: Unresolved Issues Regarding Voluminous Discovery
- “Wanted By Interpol” featured on the cover of Fall 2015 issue of CRIMINAL JUSTICE magazine
- The Accidental Defendant
- Developments in Antitrust Law: From the Sherman Act to SEPs
- Supreme Court Blocks Most Warrantless Cellphone Searches. Is It Enough?
- Justice Department To Investigate Potentially-Illegal Trading Tactic
- Full Speed Ahead, DOJ Tacking Mandatory Minimum Sentencing Laws
- Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (A Sort Of Memoir)
- The Small Firm Lawyer
- Orange Is The New Black: InStyle To Inmate
- Defending International Extraditions
- Calling For Reform: The Failed Promise Of Brady