Jennifer is a partner at Kaplan Marino whose practice primarily focuses on federal and state white collar and complex criminal litigation, including but not limited to bribery and kickbacks, fraud, money laundering, cybercrime, and international extradition. Prior to COVID-19, she regularly appeared as a legal expert on CBS’s “The Doctor’s” TV show. Jennifer has been named by the Daily Journal as a Top 40 Under 40 Attorney, an “Inspirational Woman” by the Los Angeles Times and was selected as a nominee for the Los Angeles Business Journal Women’s Leadership Awards. She has also been named a Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2018.
Before attending law school, Jennifer worked in corporate public relations at Edelman Communications & Marketing Firm, which is consistently ranked the top private public relations firm in the world, and as Marketing and Public Relations Director for a small company. Jennifer’s public relations and marketing background has been an asset to her legal career. Her ability to successfully promote large companies and diverse products has given her a unique edge on crafting clever legal arguments and confidently representing her clients both in and out of the courtroom.
Recent Awards and Recognitions
- Los Angeles Business Journal – Women’s Leadership Award Nominee – 2022
- 2021 Complex Criminal Litigation Law Award from the International Advisory Experts.
- Daily Journal ‘Top 40 Under 40’ – 2020
- Super Lawyers ‘Rising Star’ – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Defending Against International Extradition from the United States, NACDL, The Champion
- The Dark Side of Bitcoin, Los Angeles Lawyer
- Federal Government’s Annual Health Care Fraud Takedown, Daily Journal
- FBA-LA Holds United States Supreme Court Review with Dean Erwin Chemerinsky and 35th Annual Judge Barry Russell Federal Practice Award Presentation, FBA-LA Newsletter
- The Trump Administration’s Shifting Priorities, NACDL
- Purging Racial Prejudice from the Administration of Justice, WLALA
- The Dark Net, Cryptocurrency and Money Laundering, Speaker/Presenter, NACDL “Defending Against the Modern Drug Case” Conference.
- Regular guest appearances as attorney expert on CBS’s The Doctor’s TV Show
- Cryptocurrency and the Dark Net, Speaker, WLALA
- Judges’ Brown Bag, Panel Moderator, FBA
- Pathways to Government Service, Panel Moderator, FBA
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, magna cum laude