Jennifer Lieser is an attorney at Kaplan Marino whose practice focuses on federal and state white collar and complex criminal litigation. Jennifer handles a variety of criminal cases, including but not limited to bribery and kickbacks, fraud, money laundering, false statements, murder, robbery, assault, sex crimes, domestic violence, and driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Jennifer has been named a Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyer Magazine for 2018 and 2019.
Prior to joining Kaplan Marino, Jennifer clerked for the Orange County Public Defender’s Office and was also involved in the research and editing of several successful motions for new trial and criminal appeals.
Before attending law school, Jennifer worked in corporate public relations at Edelman Communications & Marketing Firm, which is consistently ranked the top private public relations firm in the world, and as Marketing and Public Relations Director for a small company. Jennifer’s public relations and marketing background has been an asset to her legal career. Her ability to successfully promote large companies and diverse products has given her a unique edge on crafting clever legal arguments and confidently representing her clients both in and out of the courtroom.
- California, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2017
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2017
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD, 2016
- University of California, Berkeley, BA, magna cum laude, 2006
- The Dark Side of Bitcoin, Los Angeles Lawyer
- Federal Government’s Annual Health Care Fraud Takedown, Daily Journal
- FBA-LA Holds United States Supreme Court Review with Dean Erwin Chemerinsky and 35th Annual Judge Barry Russell Federal Practice Award Presentation, FBA-LA Newsletter
- The Trump Administration’s Shifting Priorities, NACDL
- Purging Racial Prejudice from the Administration of Justice, WLALA
- Cryptocurrency and the Dark Net, Speaker, WLALA
- Judges’ Brown Bag, Panel Moderator, FBA
- Pathways to Government Service, Panel Moderator, FBA